Date of death: 6/15/1881
Cause of death: Cursed
With a doll,
He casts his spell.
No one is safe
From this zombie hell.
Placed under a voodoo curse,
It was an evil spell he could not reverse.
A soul trapped behind lifeless eyes,
All things alive are now despised.
- Voodoo Doll
- Skull hat
- Bone necklace
- First non-white doll, with Yuki Onna, Hopping Vampire (both from Asia), Calavera, Series 20 (all from Central America), and Milu (Polynesian) following suit. Demonique is an unknown race.
- He and Menard are currently the only LDD who is of African descent.
- Shares a death date with Marie Laveau, Voodoo queen of New Orleans.
- Has appeared as a mini doll.
- He's currently the only Series 4 doll to not have been resurrected.
- He was the doll that resulted in Series 4 being banned in Greece.
- The bone necklace was later used for Envy's belt.
- First doll with yarn for hair. He is one of three male dolls to have it along with Rotten Sam and Misery.
- He is the first of 7 male dolls with long hair, with Doom, Beast, Jack the Ripper, Rotten Sam, and Edgrr being the other 6.
- Macumba is a folk religion from Brazil. While it has some similarities, it is considered distinct from voodoo.
- His character may be perceived as a racist stereotype. He is the only directly-stated African doll in the series, and he has a voodoo motif. Voodoo itself is a very peaceful religious practice with a history of negativity directly tied to colonization and the narrative of individuals of color practicing "barbaric" religions.